While it may appear to be a simple question, there is really more to it. Please read this article carefully, even if you believe you know how to handle this situation. And especially if you have been writing command line utilities for 10+ years and never encountered any issues using standard .NET functionality. Approaches you may be thinking about at the moment, which are often suggested at forums, unfortunately, do not work:
I tested this on HTML pages and it appears to be not the most efficient. In one of the examples, ~140K down to 44K. In comparison, Total Commander can zip down to 27K at the average compression level. But even with minimal compression the file remains at 32K.
Suppose you were lucky to find this article and already resolved all your compile time errors. I found an issue that may require redesign of your application, even though everything else appears to be working fine. I’ll put it straight: MenuStrip/ToolStripMenuItem pair is not 100% backwards compatible with MainMenu/MenuItem. One particular thing is how keyboard shortcuts work. In MainMenu concept, triggering a shortcut by pressing a hotkey combination causes .NET framework to open the corresponding menu under the hood, process Popup event and only then click the MenuItem.
First benchmarked using latest Passmark. Then did some tests with latest Aida64. What's interesting here is that both processor and memory speed keeps fluctuating. I have not found a good explanation for this behavior.
Because there is no easy/built-in way to edit XML using Powershell, I wrote a script that can change parts of XML documents. I used it for bulk edit of connections in Remote Desktop Manager, to change some values in RDP session over dozens of servers. You can modify it for your needs - in simple cases you would only need to change `ArrayOfConnection` to your document's root.
I have a main form which is an MDI parent and a modal form, which is a progress dialog. When loading is completed, an MDI child is opened. If it cannot be completed, an error message shows up with user prompt. Problem is if user takes action, and the modal form is closed, the focus is switched to the application, which was active before my application was started. In my case it was Visual Studio 2010.
Hardware: HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Mushkin Enhanced Chronos SSD - 2.5” 240GB SATA III MLC (MKNSSDCR240GB) (RAID1) 2 x Seagate Savvio 10K.5 hard drive - 300 GB 2.5” 6Gb/s SAS 10000 rpm 64 MB Buffer (ST9300605SS) Benchmarked with CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 x64 on Windows 2008 R2 Std + SP1.
Here is what I got: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit After installing it, I noticed weird blue screens and sudden application crashes on a fairly new workstation. They did not happen very often, maybe 1-2 times a day, so not devastating, but quite annoying. Tried many things to remedy, but then decided to check memory with Memtest. During the first 15% of it I got over 100K errors in one specific region of the 16GB range, so I estimated 1 stick is faulty.
So I have my VS 2010 and also just installed VS 2012. After that my main project started showing this error: “The ‘VSTS for Database Professionals Sql Server Data-tier Application’ package did not load correctly” And also some other errors about components I have never heard before. This solution provided by Eric Lee worked for me. Even though the author intended it for a slightly different set of actions.
Here is a one-liner: 1 SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT DISTINCT table_name FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES) a