Because there is no easy/built-in way to edit XML using Powershell, I wrote a script that can change parts of XML documents. I used it for bulk edit of connections in Remote Desktop Manager, to change some values in RDP session over dozens of servers. You can modify it for your needs - in simple cases you would only need to change `ArrayOfConnection` to your document's root.
I have a main form which is an MDI parent and a modal form, which is a progress dialog. When loading is completed, an MDI child is opened. If it cannot be completed, an error message shows up with user prompt. Problem is if user takes action, and the modal form is closed, the focus is switched to the application, which was active before my application was started. In my case it was Visual Studio 2010.
Hardware: HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Mushkin Enhanced Chronos SSD - 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC (MKNSSDCR240GB) (RAID1) 2 x Seagate Savvio 10K.5 hard drive - 300 GB 2.5" 6Gb/s SAS 10000 rpm 64 MB Buffer (ST9300605SS) Benchmarked with CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 x64 on Windows 2008 R2 Std + SP1.
Here is what I got: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit After installing it, I noticed weird blue screens and sudden application crashes on a fairly new workstation. They did not happen very often, maybe 1-2 times a day, so not devastating, but quite annoying. Tried many things to remedy, but then decided to check memory with Memtest. During the first 15% of it I got over 100K errors in one specific region of the 16GB range, so I estimated 1 stick is faulty.
So I have my VS 2010 and also just installed VS 2012. After that my main project started showing this error: “The ‘VSTS for Database Professionals Sql Server Data-tier Application’ package did not load correctly” And also some other errors about components I have never heard before. This solution provided by Eric Lee worked for me. Even though the author intended it for a slightly different set of actions.
Here is a one-liner: 1 SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT DISTINCT table_name FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES) a
It appears that Google Chrome provides a solution for this, available at this link. Unfortunately, it did not work for me, because all options were already set to Not configured and it still could not update. What I did was navigate to registry at HKLM/Software/Policies/Google and delete the Update folder under that. Restarted Chrome, retried updating and it worked flawlessly.
There are many ways to do this, depending on what you need. In this article I'm going to highlight 2 of them. (1) Function-style conversion (2) Filter-style conversion.
About a week ago Internet Explorer 9 started showing an error on startup on one of our PCs at work. This solution worked perfectly.
Very likely, deleting your shadow copies on guest machine will help. I just disabled shadow copy on C drive and it worked for me on Windows 2008 R2 + SP1.