MS SQL server 2008 R2 was spamming the error log with the following two messages (got around 50GB of them in 4 days). An exception occurred while enqueueing a message in the target queue. Error 15517, State 1. Cannot execute as the database principal because the principal "dbo" does not exist, this type of principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission.
The following MS SQL script will generate MS SQL statements to drop a list of columns with default constraint for a certain table. Need to change table_name and list of columns, as applicable. Statements will be generated only if required.
You may need these to configure your 3rd party antispam software/appliance. There were lots of articles on the internet with complicated solutions, which did not work for me. Here a Powershell one-liner for Exchange management shell.
Having read some useful topics on the internet, I decided to try non-cached Exchange mode in Outlook. After disabling caching for my account, it still kept the OST file, even after forced deletion. Then I noticed some offline folders were being kept.
Firewall could not start because of error 1068 - some dependency failed to start. Outgoing connections work, incoming are blocked. I drilled down to Windows Firewall Authorization Driver malfunction.
Somehow my Windows 7 partially remapped a drive letter to another entity. It happened suddenly with some unexpected behavior. I noticed it when it could no longer connect to a network share. I removed the mapping and tried recreating with no success. The drive could not be deleted. Restarted, the drive is not mapped, yet it's still not available.
I recently had some experience changing default prosilver template in PHPBB3. It was not as simple as I expected it to be. Well, I figured the path styles\prosilver\template\ and html file name to change, but it took me a while to understand why pages were not refreshing.
I recently did power consumption test for my Acer 1810T, which I bought a year ago. OS desktop is Windows 7 Home + Aero enabled. I used Kill-A-Watt power meter.
I recently had a Microsoft workshop session and became excited about parallel for/foreach/etc. There we got a solid 60% of efficiency. It means that whenever number of cores increases by 2x, performance is boosted by 1.6x.
I recently stumbled upon this problem in one of our company .NET projects. For some reason, project settings there were configured for Text comparison, rather than Binary. As a result, lower case strings were equal to upper case, which was discovered later when some bug in UI occured. There were three solutions available.