Error 0x8007232B started to appear on each startup saying something about DNS/KMS problems. I felt something was wrong with the system. So I went to My Computer/Properties and found that for some reason my copy had 27 days to activate. Apparently, activation was reset due to installation or updates as I didn't update any piece of hardware.
As you probably remember by previous articles, we have some HP G6 servers to play with. And I was quite surprised to see them fall periodically after Everest is launched. Strangely enough, when launched on a randomly picked server, around 33% Everest causes a BSOD.
Indeed, yet until now I was never able to make it work with our Exchange. Strange, it does work perfectly with direct on demand connection (common user’s home setup), but fails within Exchange. You are prompted to search for solution; however Microsoft won’t help you with that. A bug?
We had a chance to install 9 operating systems on HP G6 Proliant DL380 servers. 4 of them had to be Windows 2003 64bit and 5x32bit. To summarize, 64bit versions didn't boot after SmartStart initiated installation (NTLDR not found) and 32bit version went okay until we found nothing HP-related in the start menu of Windows 2003.
I'm a keen fan of Mozilla Firefox web browser and was very excited when a new version came out. Having installed that on my Vista work PC and found a real speed boost, I rushed to upgrade it at home... only to find it hangs at startup on Windows 7.
Our company finally bought a powerful HP DL380 G6 server with 2 x Xeon 5540 (8 cores total). Prior to production, we put 2 x 4 gig memory sticks (8 GB of memory) and 3 SCSI hard drives to make RAID5. As you can imagine, initial testing of this box was up to me.